Ahmad A. Saied DVM, PhD, Dipl ACVP
DVM – JUST, Jordan
PhD – Louisiana State University
Pathology Residency Training – Louisiana State University
Areas of Interest:
- Herpes Virus Neuropathology and Immunopathogenesis of Keratitis
- Diagnostic Pathology
Selected Peer Reviewed Publications:
1. Jambunathan N, Subramanian R, Charles A, Saied A, Naderi M, Brylinski M, Chouljenko V, and Kousoulas K. Deletion of a Predicted β-sheet Domain within the Amino-terminus of Herpes Simplex Virus Glycoprotein K (gK) Conserved among Alphaherpesviruses Prevents Virus Entry into Neuronal Axons. J. Virol. JVI.02468-15; March 2016.
2. Kim I.*, Saied A*, Vladimir N. Chouljenko, Ramesh Subramanian, Konstantin G. Functional Hierarchy of Herpes Simplex Virus Type-1 (HSV-1) Membrane Proteins in Corneal Infection and Virus Transmission to Ganglionic Neurons. Current Eye Research, Early Online, 1–9, 2014, Informa Healthcare USA, Inc. ISSN: 0271-3683 print / 1460-2202 online. DOI: 10.3109/02713683.2014.906626.
*Both authors contributed equally to this manuscript.
3. Saied A., Chouljenko VN, Subramanian R, Kousoulas KG. A replication competent HSV-1 (McKrae) with a mutation in the amino terminus of glycoprotein K (gK) is unable to infect mouse trigeminal ganglia after cornea infection. Current Eye Research, Early Online, 1–8, 2014. Informa Healthcare USA, Inc. ISSN: 0271-3683 print / 1460-2202 online DOI:10.3109/02713683.2013.855238.
4. David AT, Saied A, Charles A, Subramanian R, Chouljenko VN, Kousoulas KG. A herpes simplex virus 1 (McKrae) mutant lacking the glycoprotein K gene is unable to infect via neuronal axons and egress from neuronal cell bodies. MBio. 2012; 3(4):e00144-12.
5. Saied A, Beaufrere H, Tully TN, Jr., Wakamatsu N. Bilateral seminoma with hepatic metastasis in a cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus). J Avian Med Surg. 2011 Jun; 25 (2):126-31.
Selected International & National Presentations:
1. Ahmad A. Saied, D. Hagge, R. Sharma, M. Pena, N. Ray, V. Marks, R. Lahiri, R. Truman and L. Adams. Comparative Immunopathological Study between Mycobacterium leprae and Mycobacterium lepromatosis. ACVP meeting, December 2016.
2. Saied A, Rider P, Chouljenko V, Caskey J, Kousoulas K. A Deletion of 37 Amino Acids from the Amino-terminus of Glycoprotein K (gK) Inhibits Ocular Immunopathogenesis in Mice and Virus Entry into Neuronal Axons Causes Drastic Changes. The 40th annual International Herpesvirus Workshop, Boise ID, July 25-29th 2015.
3. Saied A, N. Solis, M. Gill, R. Bauer. Malignant (Atypical) Contagious Ecthyma in a Sheep. The ACVP and ASVCP Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA on November 8-12, 2014.
4. Saied A, Kim I, Chouljenko V, Subramanian R, Kousoulas K. Functional Hierarchy of HSV-1 Membrane Proteins in Corneal Infection and Virus Transmission to Ganglionic Neurons. ID08. South Eastern IDeA meeting, November 2013.
5. Saied A, Chouljenko V, Subramanian S, David A, Kousoulas K. A replication competent HSV-1 (McKrae) with a mutation in the amino terminus of glycoprotein K (gK) is unable to infect mouse trigeminal ganglia after cornea infection. Abstract ID 1.17. The38th annual International Herpesvirus Workshop, July 2013.
6. Saied A, Snook E, Dawn E. Equine Sarcoidosis. 37th Annual Southeastern Veterinary Pathology Conference, Tifton, Georgia, May 2009.
7. Saied A, Staempfli S, Eades SC, Wakamatsu N. A jejunal malformation in a 20-day-old Thoroughbred colt. Veterinary Pathology, 45(5): 781, 2008.