Quality System information from the University of Kentucky Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
Thank you for your interest in the Quality Assurance Program at the University of Kentucky Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (UKVDL). The Quality Assurance Program in place was developed by the laboratory based on information from outside accreditation bodies and the mission of the laboratory. All aspects of the quality program have been documented.
- UKVDL is accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD). AAVLD accreditation process assists laboratories to meet or exceed the standard of the ISO 17025 and Office International des Epizooties (OIE), described in the most current issue of OIE Quality Standard and Guidelines for Veterinary Laboratories: Infectious Disease. . In addition, the laboratory is inspected periodically by representatives of the USDA and NPIP as required by federal regulations.
- UKVDL participates in external proficiency testing programs, interlaboratory comparison testing, and in-house proficiency testing.
- The pathology section is overseen by AVCP board certified pathologists. The pathology reports, including anatomic histopathologic reports are conducted or reviewed by a board certified or board eligible pathologist.
- All laboratory opinions and interpretations are based on data generated by qualified technicians. The UKVDL personnel meet training guidelines established by the Standard Operating procedures.
- Part of the quality assurance program at UKVDL is the quality system. The quality system was established to meet the mission and quality objectives of the laboratory. Standard Operating Procedures are in place to assure accuracy and reliability of the testing that is performed.
For more information please contact the QA/QC manager, Mary Payton, email: email@example.com , or by at phone: 859-257-7907.
Mary Payton, MBA, MT(ASCP) QA Manager
Kim England QA Assistant